Monday, October 17, 2005

I don't like to watch

Is it just me, or does this year's new fall line up lack any watchable shows? I really don't expect a new West Wing every year, but the little I have seen is beyond pathetic. Even Salon's I Like To Watch columnist can't seem to find anything watchable. I can't even name a single new show except the soon to be cancelled Nightstalker. Has network TV finally folded completely? Even the spins on older shows are dismal, a prime example is The Amazing Race--Family Edition. It jumped the shark even before it started (Hint: Adding kids to a show kills it faster than an overdose of Vicodin)

This total washout is a bit surprising since there were a couple of watchable summer shows like Wanted. But when the most watchable new show for the fall is Bourdain's parential warning-ed show on the Travel Channel, it's time to dust of the Tivo reruns list. At least we got spared CSI: Denver and Law and Order: Court Stenographer

No comments: