Sunday, December 09, 2007
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
I finally worked up the courage to call Verizon to cancel my second cell phone. The call went somewhat like this:
- robot: Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Please enter your 10 digit number
- robot: For billing dial 1...for other services dial 7
- robot: To cancel your account dial 2
- human: Hi, I'm Julie, can I have the last 4 digits of your SS#?
- me: xxxx
- Julie: What can I do for you today?
- me: I'd like to cancel my cell phone contract.
- Julie: I am sorry to hear that, we'll cancel it at the end of this billing cycle on 12/18. You will receive a confirmation email.
- me: blblblblblblbblblbl OK, thanks.
- Julie: Have a nice day, thanks for using Verizon.
I'm flabbergasted. Did Julie just have an off day, or is there really a US company who doesn't fight you tooth and nail before allowing you to drop their service? Anyway, yay for them.