- It was awesome. Best vacation ever.
- Sydneyans are unbelievably rude by American standards.
- Australian rules public transportation boarding is fun.
- The only country I've ever been to where globs of people start off Sunday with a couple of pints (or schooners for that matter).
- The NSW police breathalized everyone on a main road at 10.30am on a Tuesday!!!
- Pie Floaters make awesome breakfast food.
- It's prawns on a barbie fer chrissakes.
- Ketchup is called tomatoe sauce.
- Aussies put sun dried tomatoes in everything.
- Barramundi rocks.
- Port Douglas had a $2 beer night in honor of Elvis' death.
- Pie Floaters are awesome hangover food.
- They ask you if you have a hangover before they let you dive.
- Getting into a damp wetsuit in 53 degree/30 knot weather blows the big one.
- You can get sunburn under water if you wear a shorty.
- Diving with a hangover can lead to amazing nausea.
- Parrotfish poop sand.
- Ayers Rock is a huge rock.
- Ayers Rock sunsets look better in pictures than life. Even my pictures.
- I was there on the last day you were allowed to drink at Ayers Rock.
- Alice Springs is in the middle of fracking nowhere.
- Melbourne feels like Canada.
- QVM is beyond awesome.
- Drinking coffee in the butcher aisle trickles a gag reflex.
- One can deep fry meat pies.
- Kangaroo doesn't taste like chicken.
- Croc does.
- Footy players look unbelievably buff.
- Footy fans get unbelievably drunk.
- Most drunk Australians are easier to understand than sober ones.
- Rugby fans can spend hours explaining the differences between Rugby League rules and Rugby Union rules.
- Rugby fans can out drink Footy fans.
- Aussie can end every sentence with "no worries mate" without cracking up.
- The South Pacific smells totally different than the North Pacific.
- Australian Outback in the winter can be frigging cold.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
I put my unedited Australia pictures up on Google. I'll probably comment more on the trip, but here are some random thoughts:
Monday, August 27, 2007
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Back from OZ. Since I am still loopy from the 14 hour flight and lack of sleep, I'll post pic later. As a teaser, some of the unbelievable, laugh out loud, bang your head against the bulkhead, signs that govern 'stralian life.
Apparently, Paris' fashion line has made it to Melbourne.
Hotel California Station on the Sydney subway
Rule 17 of technical writing: If no one understands the terms, don't use them.
Ejecting warp core in 3..2..1
Clear and concise
I have on good authority that 90% of the Cassowary victims die of embarrassment after having gotten beat up by a 5 foot turkey.
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Go see the Bourne Ultimatum--best action thriller ever. It totally stands head and shoulders above the first two iterations. And, since I hate Matt Damon's guts, I am not saying this lightly. There were one or two small goofs, but it's a hell of a ride. They even clean up most of the red herrings they threw out in the earlier two movies.