Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happiness is a wet puppy





Or something like that. I drove to a sale in Santa Rosa today (didn't buy anything), when I walked out on the store, I googled the place on my iPhone and saw that the Charles M. Schulz museum was only a mile down the road. 
OK, Disney, turn over in your grave, because this is the happiest place one earth. It's fairly small and doesn't show a lot of stuff--maybe 400 strips and CMS' furniture and writing desk. But everyone, myself and people between 15 and 90 included, walked around with a happy grin on their faces. Two things I learned--CMS did the guy with the paper bag in 1953, and one of his early characters looked a lot like Stewie.
Oh and the ice rink is right next door.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ha, did you see the Superbowl ad that Coke did with Stewie and Underdog going head-to-head? Haha, love it!!!