Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Verizon

I finally worked up the courage to call Verizon to cancel my second cell phone. The call went somewhat like this:

  • robot: Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Please enter your 10 digit number
  • robot: For billing dial 1...for other services dial 7
  • robot: To cancel your account dial 2
  • human: Hi, I'm Julie, can I have the last 4 digits of your SS#?
  • me: xxxx
  • Julie: What can I do for you today?
  • me: I'd like to cancel my cell phone contract. 
  • Julie: I am sorry to hear that, we'll cancel it at the end of this billing cycle on 12/18. You will receive a confirmation email. 
  • me: blblblblblblbblblbl OK, thanks.
  • Julie: Have a nice day, thanks for using Verizon.
I'm flabbergasted. Did Julie just have an off day, or is there really a US company who doesn't fight you tooth and nail before allowing you to drop their service? Anyway, yay for them. 

No comments: